... 2 ducks sailing express down the Sihl River superhighway to catch up with their rellies downstreams. Caught my eye and fired my imagination. I wonder if ducks love it when there is a sudden flood? Our little river can rise 300 mm in a single day quite easily when it rains hard in the mountains. In fact we have had very hot humid weather (up to 35 degrees) and of course it ended in tears - see the damage to the windows of the wonderful Klosterkirche at Einsiedeln.
Yesterday Switzerland's wonderful tourist/railway record would have been slightly blemished with the Glacier Express crash. And there I was sitting on the train back from Basel where we travelled to meet an Australian friend for dinner thinking I would rather go first class on a Swiss train than in a luxury limo. The rail service here is just second to none and even this crash does nothing to diminish my faith in the system overall.
Yesterday Switzerland's wonderful tourist/railway record would have been slightly blemished with the Glacier Express crash. And there I was sitting on the train back from Basel where we travelled to meet an Australian friend for dinner thinking I would rather go first class on a Swiss train than in a luxury limo. The rail service here is just second to none and even this crash does nothing to diminish my faith in the system overall.
Comments