I read that it was the coldest wettest July in Switzerland since 2000. Just as well we went to Ireland for a week! Our friends warned that we would have to enjoy the rain to enjoy Ireland. But we had five days out of seven without rain! Ireland is a delightful place to visit, and from Dublin to Galway via Kinsale and Killarney, there is nothing I can think of to not recommend about it.
In case there is any question of beauty being reserved for alps and snow and shades of grey, blue and white, take a look at the Australian desert scene and don't for a moment imagine these shots are unusual. Probably the most pictures I took on any trip was on the one we made to Alice Springs, Uluru, Katherine Gorge and Kakadu where desert featured more than any other landscape. Of course a lot of alpine landscapes are desert landscapes but it is very hard to find a photo gallery of just deserts in Switzerland.
Comments