As an Aussie, you've got to love a country where the met office warns you of "considerable danger" of a heatwave and predicts the high of the day as 35 degrees. That's what we'd call another perfect day in paradise in Queensland ... and a few other places I can think of too!
Meteo Schweiz has been one of my most visited sites while living here. I use it to determine what I should wear and whether I need my umbrella. Mind you I often still carry a small fold-up umbrella because contrary to what one might think the rain can bucket down here. Anyway the heavens have decided that we need to ease back into Australian life and have put on some spectacular weather for the weekend. The best bit though is how cool it gets in the evening. By 9 p.m. last night, everyone was running for their sweaters.
The funny thing is I really find it incredibly hot here when it's above the 30 mark so can anyone explain why hot feels so much hotter in a cooler climate? When I do encounter 42 degrees again (or worse), I fear I might be in serious danger of melting. Bring on the next Ice Age! We hear rumours that it's on its way ... but the good news is unless science finally delivers us The Elixir of Life, we'll all be dead by then anyway. Or won't we? Life is deliciously unpredictable so who really knows what today might bring.
What I know after our block party last night is that you cannot say the Swiss are not just as warm and friendly as the Australians - they just need a little wine to get them going:-) Richard said if we'd know they liked us that much, perhaps we would have stayed. Seriously though, there are SO many wonderful people here that I am going to remember forever and who are nothing like what you hear. Living in Switzerland has been one of the best experiences of my life and I feel very privileged to have been given this opportunity.
Meteo Schweiz has been one of my most visited sites while living here. I use it to determine what I should wear and whether I need my umbrella. Mind you I often still carry a small fold-up umbrella because contrary to what one might think the rain can bucket down here. Anyway the heavens have decided that we need to ease back into Australian life and have put on some spectacular weather for the weekend. The best bit though is how cool it gets in the evening. By 9 p.m. last night, everyone was running for their sweaters.
The funny thing is I really find it incredibly hot here when it's above the 30 mark so can anyone explain why hot feels so much hotter in a cooler climate? When I do encounter 42 degrees again (or worse), I fear I might be in serious danger of melting. Bring on the next Ice Age! We hear rumours that it's on its way ... but the good news is unless science finally delivers us The Elixir of Life, we'll all be dead by then anyway. Or won't we? Life is deliciously unpredictable so who really knows what today might bring.
What I know after our block party last night is that you cannot say the Swiss are not just as warm and friendly as the Australians - they just need a little wine to get them going:-) Richard said if we'd know they liked us that much, perhaps we would have stayed. Seriously though, there are SO many wonderful people here that I am going to remember forever and who are nothing like what you hear. Living in Switzerland has been one of the best experiences of my life and I feel very privileged to have been given this opportunity.
Comments