Selamat datang from Kuala Lumpur.
The farewell parties are over. The tears are almost dried up. The panic of trying to get away on time has abated. Not helped by getting to the airport late and finding that Malaysian Airlines had no ticket for me and wouldn't let me travel without one.
Well actually they did have a ticket for me but I had to call Switzerland to find someone to tell the Sydney staff to send me upstairs to the ticket office! I made it on to the flight with a quick pit stop and a brief stop to buy one of my new colleagues a koala - I feel very proud of myself for having found an Australian made.
Watched Mr Bean in France on the flight - it was about all I could manage along with a long nap. It was Mr Bean meets "Getaway" - it's worth watching for the scenery alone.
If I have learned anything in the past weeks, it is that I have created too much clutter in my life. So I have a resolution in Switzerland to keep the clutter to a minimum. I have thrown out so much STUFF in the last weeks, stuff that you think you will get to one day.
So I am going to:
- recycle all books immediately
- never buy another plastic ringbinder in my life
- invent a new process for recycling CDs
- only buy what I can eat or wear in the next month and only buy anything else if I absolutely cannot do without it.
I suppose this will last a week - but I will try.
Now for the next stage of my adventure - and a day to relax in Zurich before I start work on Monday and move into temporary apartment in Wollishoven on Tuesday - a short tram ride from the office.
The farewell parties are over. The tears are almost dried up. The panic of trying to get away on time has abated. Not helped by getting to the airport late and finding that Malaysian Airlines had no ticket for me and wouldn't let me travel without one.
Well actually they did have a ticket for me but I had to call Switzerland to find someone to tell the Sydney staff to send me upstairs to the ticket office! I made it on to the flight with a quick pit stop and a brief stop to buy one of my new colleagues a koala - I feel very proud of myself for having found an Australian made.
Watched Mr Bean in France on the flight - it was about all I could manage along with a long nap. It was Mr Bean meets "Getaway" - it's worth watching for the scenery alone.
If I have learned anything in the past weeks, it is that I have created too much clutter in my life. So I have a resolution in Switzerland to keep the clutter to a minimum. I have thrown out so much STUFF in the last weeks, stuff that you think you will get to one day.
So I am going to:
- recycle all books immediately
- never buy another plastic ringbinder in my life
- invent a new process for recycling CDs
- only buy what I can eat or wear in the next month and only buy anything else if I absolutely cannot do without it.
I suppose this will last a week - but I will try.
Now for the next stage of my adventure - and a day to relax in Zurich before I start work on Monday and move into temporary apartment in Wollishoven on Tuesday - a short tram ride from the office.
Comments